Glenmore students and staff have access to a variety of online databases through Ebscohost and Thompson Gale Online Information Services. Both companies maintain datanases which school sytems can access for a fee. The databases provided by these companies allow SD23 students and staff to access full-text information and database service, including reference content, periodicals, journals, serials, newswires, photos, maps, flags, etc. In Glenmore's case the databases are particularly useful for upper intermediate students who are working on research projects.
Ebscohost.com provides students and staff with access to a variety of online databases, including:
- Newspaper Source: Newspaper Source provides selected full text for nearly 30 U.S and international newspapers. The database also contains full text television and radio news transcripts, and selected full text for more than 200 U.S. regional newspapers. This database is updated daily.
- Professional Development Collection: Designed for professional educators, this database provides a highly specialized collection of nearly 550 high quality education journals, including more than 350 peer-reviewed titles. This database also contains more than 200 educational reports .Professional Development Collection is the most comprehensive collection of full text education journals in the world.
- Canadian Reference Centre: Canadian Reference Centre combines Canadian magazines, newspapers, newswires and reference books to create the largest collection of regional full text content available to Canadian libraries. This database includes leading Canadian periodicals and international (U.S. and U.K) periodicals in full text; full text reference books; full text biographies and an Image Collection. This database is updated on a daily basis.
- General Science Collection: This database offers full text coverage for more than 60 of the most popular science publications. Providing information on all aspects of the scientific world, the General Science Collection offers full text information dating back as far as 1992.
- Middle Search Plus: Middle Search Plus provides full text for nearly 140 popular magazines for middle and jr. high school research. All full text articles included in the database are assigned a reading level indicator (Lexiles), and full text information dates as far back as 1990. Middle Search Plus also contains 84,774 biographies, 100,554 primary source documents, and an Image Collection of 202,164 photos, maps and flags. This database is updated daily on EBSCOhost.
- Funk & Wagnalls New World Encyclopedia: This database provides over 25,000 encyclopedic entries covering a variety of subject areas.
- EBSCO Animals: Provides in-depth information on a variety of topics relating to animals. The database consists of indexing, abstracts, and full text records describing the nature and habitat of familiar animals.
- Primary Search: Primary Search provides full text for nearly 70 popular, magazines for elementary school research. All full text articles included in the database are assigned a reading level indicator (Lexiles), and full text information dates as far back as 1990. This database is updated daily on EBSCOhost.