GME's Values – Belief Statements
• All members of our school community must be treated with respect.
• All students need to feel safe in order to effectively learn.
• All students have the right to a quality education.
• All students are able to learn.
• All students need to be engaged in learning which challenges them intellectually and develops the skills
necessary to be successful in the 21st century (thinker, learner, collaborator, communicator, contributor).
• Effective reading, writing, and communicating are a key focus of the school.
• The abilities to think critically and work collaboratively are essential for a student’s lifelong success.
• Learning needs to be fun.
• Learning happens at different rates and therefore teaching needs to be differentiated.
• Learning is more effective in respectful environments.
• Technology is an important tool for enhancing the learning experience for all learners.